Meet our August 2017 RISE Athlete of the Month – Sarah Carley!
Sarah has been attending our Strength and Conditioning Interval Training Program, RISE Charlotte, for over a year now! Her husband Dan is also a member of CFP and RISE and they are both staples of our early AM classes, although that may be changing come this fall as they welcome a baby boy!!
Sarah makes no excuses and has been consistent since day 1! Coming in with a love of yoga and great stability and mobility, she has made tremendous progress, increasing her strength and endurance! Everyone continues to be inspired by Sarah’s dedication as she walks in every morning with her growing baby belly. It’s hard to make up an excuse as to why you can’t workout or should slow down when Sarah is working out next you 😉
We’re proud to have you as a member at RISE, Sarah! Keep up the great work! We have no doubt, the best is yet to come!
Sarah’s Athlete Profile
1. Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. I’m a psychologist, newly registered yoga teacher, mom to two fur children, and have one two-legged child coming in October. I joined RISE a little over a year ago after my husband spent over 6 months trying to talk me into coming in. I grew up playing sports, but college and grad school seriously affected my health habits and I was looking for a new way to enjoy working out again. After visiting RISE I was hooked, and have made some great friends along the way.
2. What do you hope to achieve through RISE Charlotte? I hope to continue working to improve my physical performance, experience new obstacles, and get back to my pre-pregnancy body 🙂
3. What is your favorite exercise? Anything ABS!
4. What exercise do you least like? Heavy Ropes
5. What would you tell someone considering trying RISE or CrossFit Pineville? Entering a CrossFit gym can be scary and intimidating, but, within the RISE community in this specific box I have made new friends, tried new things, and experienced physical changes that have been amazing.