Meet Rahul, our June 2019 Athlete of the Month!
Rahul has been a member of RISE Charlotte for 6 1/2 months now and he is quite literally in the process of changing his life! Rahul has had diabetes and taken insulin for several years now, but he was ready to make a change! He joined and hasn’t looked back. In just 6 months time, he’s down several pounds, inches, and pant sizes and has consistently lowered his blood sugars!! He is working to get off insulin and has made great strides to do so!
Rahul, you are setting an amazing example for your family, your kids, and everyone who meets you! You show us what is possible with some hard work and discipline! Congratulations on all you’ve achieved so far and keep up the great work! The best is yet to come!
Read a little more about Rahul below.
Rahul’s Athlete Profile
- Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. I was an athlete during my school and college days, but that was 15 years ago. Since then I tried to get into a routine workout program but couldn’t get much success. But thankfully, I found it with RISE.
- What do you hope to achieve through RISE? I want to get my blood sugars under control and lower my BMI.
- What is your favorite RISE exercise? I like the 1:05 min intervals because you get a full 25 seconds to chill out right after. I have a love-hate relationship with burpees.
- What RISE exercise do you least like? Skipping rope
- What would you tell someone considering trying RISE? The best part of RISE is that you are in and out in 45 minutes and easy to scale to make the workouts easier or harder for any level.