Yes, you read that right…peanut butter banana muffins! These delicious muffins will help satisfy your sweet tooth, without causing all the guilt. Bake these up and eat them as breakfast or just as a yummy snack or dessert.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
1 medium ripe banana, peeled
1 large egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (sub almond butter for a paleo option)
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste (I used a pinch that was probably about 1/8 tsp)
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Add the banana, egg, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt to your blender jar. Blend until a smooth puree.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the mini chocolate chips for topping the muffins.
4. Pour tablespoonfuls of the batter into the mini-muffin tin. You should be able to fill all 24 of the muffin cavities with batter. Now sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the muffins are brown around the edges and if you stick the middle of a muffin with a toothpick, no crumbs cling to the toothpick.
Makes 24 muffins
We hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Happy Baking!!!