Meet our October 2017 Athlete of the Month, George!!
George joined our awesome community about 4 months ago and we are so glad he did! George comes into RISE every day with a smile on his face (even when there’s burpees!) ready to work! He’s been on a weight loss and overall health journey for a while and was ready to step up his workout game! He is consistent week in and week out and it is paying off!!
George is a busy working husband & father of two, but he’s made the commitment to put his health on the front burner and has made it a priority! He is putting in the work and is consistently losing weight & inches, while increasing his lean muscle mass. Plus, being able to do awesome things like handstands & high box jumps!! George is here almost every night and weekend, and you can find him stretching on the turf after most classes. Be sure to tell him congrats next time you see him 🙂
George, we are so glad to have you apart of our community! Keep up the awesome work, the best is yet to come! Read more about George below…
George’s Athlete Profile
1. Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. The only appropriate way I could describe myself would be through a MySpace quiz:
• Single or taken? Married with 2 awesome boys!
• Are you a morning or night person? Morning!
• Do you prefer sweet or salty foods? Sweet foods are my nemesis.
• Ninjas or pirates? Um, pirates I guess.
• What was your favorite childhood program? Saved By The Bell. (Side note: It’s amazing how much better TV Themes songs were back in the day. Do people even try anymore?)
• You’re given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Myself. I’m really greedy.
• Do you have any hobbies? Going to the Panthers & Hornets games, video games, selfies, Instagram stalking
• Do you have a celebrity crush? Ellie Goulding <3
• Name one thing you miss about being a kid? Not having to pay bills
• List 3 of your best personality traits: Funny, good listener, optimistic
• List 3 of your worst personality traits: Moody, whiny, lazy
All right, please put me in your Top 8!
2. What do you hope to achieve through RISE Charlotte? When I first started coming, I just “wanted to lose weight.” But now I want to try and become the best version of myself. Hanging out and working out with such a great group of people really makes you push yourself.
3. What is your favorite exercise? Handstand holds! I love these because this is something I never thought I would be able to do.
4. What exercise do you least like? To no one’s surprise… Running! (Wall balls are a close second. Just saying.)
5. What would you tell someone considering trying RISE or CrossFit Pineville? Since high school, I have always been the person who went to the gym alone and just sort of did my own thing. Since coming here, I’ve made way more progress than I could have ever imagined. I’ve tried doing things that I never would’ve done on my own (like handstands and high box jumps), plus working out with a group is a blast. I know from experience how intimidating it can be to walk into a gym where you can’t hide under your headphones, but everyone here is so great and I was totally welcomed into this wonderful community!