Meet our September 2017 Athlete of the Month – Nikki Kirsch!!
Nikki has been a member of CFP since January and she has been killing the fitness game!! She’s had big goals from the start and hasn’t let anything stand in her way! Not only has she gotten stronger, PRing lifts every week, but in a short 9 months, Nikki has lost 20lbs and two pant sizes!!! She participated in our nutrition challenge last spring and through the use of intermittent fasting/nutritional cleansing, meal replacement shakes and counting macros, she’s maintained her weight loss while adding on lean muscle mass!
Celebrating fitting back in a size Small Scrubs!!
Nikki is a rockstar single mama to 3 awesome kiddos as well as a nurse anesthetist, often working 10+ hour days. So to say she’s busy is an understatement! But she makes no excuses and is generally in the gym 4-5x a week getting after those goals. She can generally be found at the 9am class on her days off, smiling & sweating. On Saturday WODs she’s not above bribery to get her kids to stay in the kid room so mama can get a workout, and that is one reason we love you Nikki! 😉
Nikki, you are an example to us all, showing your kids that health & fitness is important and making it a priority in your life. We have no doubt that 40 will have never looked or felt so good! We’re so glad that you’re apart of our amazing CFP community! Keep up the great work, the best is yet to come!
Nikki’s Athlete Profile
- Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. I’m a Christian, Mom, and CRNA. I go to church at Forest Hill and lead a women’s life group there. I’m a single Mom to three children that most of you have seen around the box, and stay super busy with them. I have my Master’s of Nursing in Anesthesia and work as a CRNA at CMC Main/Levine. In non medical terms, I put kiddos to sleep for surgeries and procedures.
- What do you hope to achieve through CrossFit? I turn 40 next year and have some bucket list trips planned. (Havasu and Kilimanjaro) I knew I couldn’t do those in the shape I was in, and decided CFP was a good place to get in shape! The kids room and family friendly atmosphere were just what I needed to get healthy and be able to do these trips.
- What is your favorite CF exercise? Anything barbell. Back squats, front squats, squat cleans. #allthesquats
- What CF exercise to you like least? Wallballs. Yuck!
- What would you tell someone considering trying CFP or CrossFit in general? You do NOT need to get in shape to start coming. Show up, the coaches will teach you all the modifications, and it will be fine! And you won’t find a more supportive group of people to cheer you on!