Meet Kevin! Kevin is our April Virtual Athlete of the Month!!
We never really considered needing a virtual athlete of the month, but enter a worldwide pandemic, mandated to close our doors for a month plus and well, here we are! So many of our awesome athletes and have taken this in stride. Still putting in the work at home, cheering on your fellow athletes in our private group page, turning into zoom workouts and giving encouragement. Kevin is definitely one of those athletes and he does it all with that big smile on his face!
Kevin!! We miss seeing your smile in person, sharing a sweat sash with you and giving you fist bumps post WOD. Hopefully soon! For now, keep doing what you’re doing! Your post WOD selfies (see above) bring a smile to our faces and we love your consistent participation!
Read a little more about Kevin in his own words..
- What Made you start CrossFit? I started working out at a friend’s house a few years ago, simply because I got invited. He sold the house last summer so we all joined a CrossFit box then, maybe July 2019. I moved to CFP about October 2019 because it is much closer to my office and found a new home! Just a middle aged man trying to stay in shape. Mostly wanted to gain muscle and improve cardio. The last 20 years were spent raising a family and building a business so not much time or thought spent on my personal health. I guess I got to a spot where I wanted to change that.
- What is your Favorite/least favorite Movement? Favorite – Deadlifts, Least Favorite – OH squat. ROM really limits me on these. Therefore I want to keep working on the OHS to improve!
- What keeps you motivated at home? Don’t want to lose my gains. Right before the shutdown, I felt like things were starting to click. For example, I was doing strict pull-ups without cheating. I don’t want to go backwards. I am actually down over 10 pounds since the shutdown.
- What is your favorite binge watching show or movie you have watched during the quarantine? Nothing, I am blessed to be in construction (essential) so work for me has not changed or slowed down at all. In fact, we are very busy right now.
- What are you looking forward to most when this all ends? Eating out with my wife, seeing my friends at CFP.
We’re so proud of all your hard work, Kevin and so happy to have you at CFP! Keep up the great work and we will see you at the gym before we know it!