We all come to the gym for a reason. To be able to keep up with our kids, lose weight, get stronger or just to look better naked. But, there are some things that can slow our progress and even set us back. If you can relate to one of these reasons below we are here to help and get you back on the right track!
1. Lack of proper rest and recovery. Insufficient rest can lead to muscle fatigue, decreased energy levels and hinder overall performance. Try set consistent bedtimes and wake times.
2. Poor nutrition. Inadequate fueling or an imbalanced diet can negatively impact strength, endurance and muscle recovery. Reach out to Coach Michelle if you’d like to further discuss nutrition goals and how to get on the right track.
3. Overtraining. Excessive exercise without adequate rest can lead to burnout, increased risk of injuries and decreased performance. Volume is not the key! Intensity is where it’s at. Do less BETTER, with more intensity.
4. Dehydration. Not staying properly hydrated can lead to reduced stamina, decreased focus, and impaired physical performance. You need to be drinking water and replenishing electrolytes throughout the day especially in these hot months.
5. Comparison. The leaderboard/Wodify is a tool for you to track your progress and to help push your friends in the gym. But, if you start skipping reps or shaving time to slide up the leaderboard you are just slowing your own progress by not completing the workout as intended!
Let’s finish out this week strong! Next week we will begin a focus on the Clean & Jerk and the Benchmark WOD Gwen.
Brandon & Michelle Shuck